As well as our regular productions at Sharnbrook Mill Theatre, we also organise fundraising activities to support the future of our building and our theatre group. We are currently looking for more help on the Fundraising Team, as we organise many events throughout the year. We are always welcoming and try to make organising fundraising activities fun and enjoyable.
If you think you might be interested in helping the Fundraising Team, please email Chrissie at email@example.com.
The Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service
The award in 2020 of the prestigious Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service (QAVS) – the highest Royal honour for a group, and equivalent to the MBE – recognised the huge commitment that our volunteers have made over many years to help to transform a redundant, historic water mill into a thriving community theatre.
Current fundraising projects
We are currently looking at various projects, including resurfacing the car park and improving signage around and outside the theatre.
This is all part of the continuing commitment to the maintenance and development of this part of our local heritage. The continued support of everyone who loves the Mill will be needed if the Trust’s investment is to be protected in the future.
Our first fundraising project
In 2012, the Trust launched a major appeal to raise up to £300,000 to install “green energy” water-source heat pump-based heating and an air conditioning system at the theatre. Historically the building, parts of which date back to 1703, was very cold in winter and uncomfortably hot in summer. Both the heating system and air conditioning are now completely funded and installed. We are extremely grateful for several personal loans from supporters which enabled us to complete the work, and these have now been fully repaid.
How was the money raised?
Through much hard work by our volunteers, we have organised many very enjoyable events including concerts, lunches, talks, panels and professionally performed plays. The loyal support of many people shows how popular the events have been. The support of our Patrons, Joanna David and Hugh Laurie, has been hugely helpful. In addition, we have received significant grants from charitable trusts. Ongoing projects such as the 50/50 Club and online shopping have also provided additional revenue.
What can I do to help?
There are several important ways you can contribute to our fundraising efforts.
- As previously mentioned, you could join our Fundraising Team and help us to organise events and initiatives to fund the future of the Mill Theatre. If you would like to get involved, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and one of us will be in touch.
- You can attend our fundraising events which are always advertised on the website, posted to our mailing list and shared on social media.
- You can contribute via online shopping. This doesn’t cost you a thing and there are different options available depending on where you shop.
- You can join our 50/50 Club, donate a small amount of money regularly and potentially win a monthly prize.
- You can make a direct donation to Sharnbook Mill Theatre. We don’t have this set-up online just yet, but you can contact us and we will pass your message onto our treasurer, Alan Capper.